“I truly believe The After College Experience taught me the skills necessary to not just survive, but succeed in life after college. I learned so much from this experience, I cannot thank you enough.”Jennifer (Kearney) Greenawalt, recent graduate
The After College Experience provides a clear pathway for equipping students to thrive after college. Written for facilitators (college ministers, higher education professionals, and church leaders), this curriculum offers easy-to-execute guided modules that invite crucial conversations, cover critical topics, and prepare participants with real tools they can use right away.
As one senior puts it, “College [professors, advisors, etc.] stresses the importance of preparing for graduation and the job, but they cover none of the topics that concern me most.” The After College Experience steps into that gap.
If you are looking to maximize your efforts so your organization produces alumni who are flourishing in their next steps and eager to give back, this is the resource for you.
The best features of The After College Experience, according to alumni:
- Addresses topics that recent graduates face & that concern them most
- Inspires a proactive mindset for the transition
- Creates community in the senior year as well as a safe space to process concerns & hopes
- Offers practical tools & resources that can be used right away
The best features of The After College Experience, according to facilitators:
- Provides a “plug-and-play” experience that removes the guesswork
- Allows leaders to spend more time investing in students and less time preparing content
- Offers “so much solid and flexible content.”
- Produces students who feel more confident, prepared, & hopeful
We encourage all our staff to get the After College book for their students.
Hundreds of our staff use the book + curriculum materials with graduating students.
There’s nothing else like it out there.
Ryan Lospaluto, Associate Director of Alumni Relations, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship
Why This Curriculum?
“I just want to affirm that the things I’ve learned through The After College Experience helped me so much in my discernment process with my career and with the community I have been able to build after college. The things I struggled with during my senior year were tough because of the magnitude of each decision, but because of the love and support I’ve received from this program, it allowed me to prioritize the importance of Christ being the center in all my decisions.”David Kim, recent graduate
For over 15 years, parts of this curriculum have been tested within dozens of college ministry and higher education contexts. Since 2019, IVCF (Intervarsity Christian Fellowship) has been piloting it across their organization, helping thousands of students prepare for life after college. The most recent version of The After College Experience is the result of significant collaboration between The Alumni Relations Team of IVCF and author Erica Young Reitz. This is the first time The After College Experience – in its entirety – has been available to those who want to take their efforts to the next level.
This resource – based on years of on-the-ground testing with thousands of college students – offers a “turn-key” approach for facilitators who want to be sure they are equipping students with what they need to thrive. The pages of scripted facilitator guides (with call out boxes and pro-tips), plug-and-play PPTs, and printable handouts allow leaders to have everything they need for jumping right in while also customizing the content for their unique contexts.
The After College Experience includes seven modules with 90 minutes of interactive content each, about 10.5 total hours, and more:
- 7 Facilitator Guides + Overview/Recommended Sessions (80 total pages of content)
- 7 PPT Presentations (114 total slides)
- 7 Email Templates (available as MailChimp templates or document downloads)
- 20 Handouts/Printable Downloads and Additional Resources
- Internal links to books, articles, and other relevant media and resources